|Anime | Child | Game|
|Freeman that is freewheelingness brightly.|
A youth with brilliant talent and brightness.
|Kanji||神宮寺 レン（じんぐうじ れん）|
|Age (game)||17 (UN☆PS♪/R), 18 (SS), 19 (D/AS), |
|Age (anime)||17~18 (Season 1), 19 (Season 2), 22+ (Season 3)|
|Height||183 cm (6' 0")|
|Weight||63 kg (139 lb)|
|Relatives||Unnamed Father (deceased)|
Jinguji Renge (mother, deceased)
Jinguji Seiichirou (older brother)
With Hijirikawa Masato
With S Class
With Hijirikawa Masato, Kurosaki Ranmaru
With Kurosaki Ranmaru, Camus, Ichinose Tokiya
With Kurusu Syo, Aijima Cecil
|All Star After Secret||Playable|
|Seiyuu||Suwabe Junichi (諏訪部 順一)|
Ren Jinguji (神宮寺 レン, Jinguuji Ren) is a student of Saotome Gakuen, sorted into S Class, as well as a member of the idol group ST☆RISH.
He is voiced by Junichi Suwabe (諏訪部 順一, Suwabe Junichi).
Ren is a tall, young man with strawberry blond colored hair which reaches his shoulders, and his bangs go across his right eye. He has cool light blue eyes and usually wears his top two buttons down revealing a little of his chest. His way of clothing is usually loose and playful, giving him the flirty appearance. He has fawn tanned skin, and also one noticeable pierced ear, similar to that of Kurusu Syo's.
His child appearance had shorter hair and his ear was not pierced.
He is known to be flirtatious and a smooth-talker. A consummate ladies man, Ren was always shown to be surrounded by girls and is fond of flattering women with his words.
He is also shown to be carefree, being the third son of the Jinguuji family and thus, having no responsibility thrust on his shoulders. At first, this has led people to believe that he was apathetic and cared little about being an idol. However, it was shown that he resented being forced to enroll in Saotome Academy to advertise the family business by his brother, even though he did love singing.
Through Haruka's help, Ren managed to find meaning in music and began to find passion in singing. He becomes more devoted to her, calling her 'little lamb' and 'my lady', is shown less in the company of other women, although it has not stopped his flirtatious nature.
He can be serious depending on the situation, but most of the time he remains easy-going, often teasing his more uptight and formal roommate and childhood friend, Hijirikawa Masato.
Ren lost his mother in an accident at an early age. He was only able to see his mother's face through recorded videotapes of her performances, as she was a famous idol. However, in his father's grief, he discarded every item Ren had of his mother, leading him to believe that his father hated his mother.
Ren managed to save one song his mother made; one that she sang for her unborn child; him. Grieving during his childhood due to the loss of his mother, Ren would often go to the park and listen to his mother's singing through his mp3 player.
His brother Seiichirou, being the family heir, had so many meetings that he couldn't spare time to play with Ren. This had led to them being distant for a while.
It was during this time that he met a young Masato. Both boys, coming from important families, were made to attend a party which they both found dull. Sneaking out, they spent time with each other, finding that they could see similarities between the two of them.
Upon attending Saotome Academy, Ren had shown distaste in attending school, having no interest in the curriculum despite his brilliance in making music. This was because he felt that his choice was taken from him after his older brother commanded him to be an idol to promote their company. It was later revealed that his brother was always looking out for him and knew Ren's passion for music, thus his real reason for sending Ren to the Academy.
See here: Jinguji Ren/Game.
See here: Jinguji Ren/Anime.
See here: Jinguji Ren/Manga.
| Released on December 29, 2009|
| Released on February 24, 2010|
| Released on June 30, 2010|
| Released on October 27, 2010|
| Released on February 09, 2011|
| Released on February 02, 2011|
| Released on July 20, 2011|
| Released on August 10, 2011|
| Released on November 30, 2011|
| Released on September 25, 2012|
| Released on December 26, 2012|
| Released on April 24, 2013|
| Released on May 22, 2013|
| Released on February 26, 2014|
| Released on April 8, 2015|
| Released on May 8, 2015|
| Released on November 18, 2015|
In season 2 episode 6, he tells Haruka that she is a bad girl for making him so crazy about her. He almost kisses her after this but stops when he sees that she is uncomfortable with it. He said that he will wait for her to grow up a little more before continuing.
He says the same thing in season 3 episode 1 when they run into each other at the lake. Haruka compliments his saxophone playing, and he pulls her close telling her that she is more beautiful than both the moon and cherry blossoms. He then says that simply looking at her is enough to rend his heart in two.Nanami Haruka as his graduation partner. But their rivalry between them did not end after their debut.
As the series continues, Ren's feelings for Haruka, like Masato's, have only just kept growing.
Clothing / Expression
See here: Jinguji Ren/Gallery.
- His given name, Ren (レン), may refer to a Japanese character for love (恋), while normally read as koi, has an on'yomi reading of ren.
- Though Ren begins the series (and anime) at "17", it should be noted his birthday is February 14th. This birthday, when going by a real-world based Japanese school system, would instead put him on the "younger" end of a class, as a typical Japanese school year begins in April and ends in March. Thus, Ren would have been "17" for only a couple of months pre-series (being closer to 16 at the start) and wouldn't turn 18 until the next February 14th (closer to when the school year ends). This is provided the series does follow a Japan based school system; however, the games also begin their "school year" in April, and end around March.
- The characters that make up his last name are 神 (god), 宮 (palace), and 寺 (shrine).
- He, Masato, and Ranmaru are childhood friends.
- He harbors a dislike for chocolates because of an incident in his childhood involving the said sweet. This is despite his birthday being Valentine's Day, a day known for giving chocolates.
- He is very interested in foreign languages, and can speak Italian.
- He is very ticklish.
- He is a fan of Loveril Fantasy.
- He is very similar to Asahina Kaname from Brothers Conflict and has the same voice actor, Suwabe Junichi, despite having differences.